Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Words To Live By: Everything to Everyone

You can't be everything to everyone.

In the blogging world, it's easy to get caught up on the frenzy of brand contact and PR agencies. There's a lot of cattiness about who gets invited to which events. For me, I blog about what I love and what I'm passionate about. It's not about the perks. Don't get me wrong...the perks can be great, but if I were to blogging for perks, I would be fashion blogger with fabulous clothes.

When I start to feel little crazy from the competition of it all, I repeat, with great zeal I might add, "You can't be everything to everyone" and I have to tell you it has pulled me out of more than a slump or two because I really believe it.

At the ripe old age of 21 (as if I would reveal my real age), I know that I cannot be a shining star for everyone who knows me. I also know that in whatever I do in life, I always strive to be a perfectionist, but realize that I'm going to fall short from time to time. It's ok to not be the best of the best or perfect 100% of the time.

All I can be is the best for me...and for my family...and my readers. That's it.

No comments: