Monday, December 28, 2009
I'm 26 weeks pregnant and the nesting instinct kicked in today...and do I mean kicked in. While my older son was at preschool, my little guy and I spent the morning stimulating the economy and getting the things we need for our new little dude. After running several other errands, I then proceeded to work on cleaning out the guest room/office that will soon be the nursery and worked on reorganizing the chaos in our garage.
Cleaning and organizing are things I hate, so clearly the hormones have kicked in and taken over my mind and body. If only I could have the nesting instinct when I'm NOT pregnant.
Friday, December 25, 2009
It's time for another blog giveaway round-up. Check out these great reviews and giveaways in the blogosphere.
- Evenflo has offered one J. Leigh Designz and one Two of a Kind Working on a Full House reader an Evenflo ExerSaucer® Triple Fun™ Active Learning Center™, Jungle.
- My Little Roo is generously giving one Organic Girl entrant a My Little Roo baby carrier cover in the pattern of their choice!
- Win a Baby Bond Nursing cover at Ask Miss Mommy.
- And want another Baby Bond giveaway?! Head over to New Age Mama and enter to win on her blog too!
- One For The Love of Baby! reader will win an Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat. We have one for my two-year-old and LOVE it.
- Baby Star is giving one of Monsters in my House's readers the chance to win their choice of Star Nursing Blanket for their own.
- Who can't use a Walmart gift card. With another baby on the way, I know I could! Stop by The Mommy Files to win! While you are there, check out the other posts, it's a great blog!
- Win a fabulous Wii Fit at Rockin Mama. I would love to win this one. I just got a Wii for Christmas and being pregnant and the holidays are a recipe for extra pounds...a lot of them.
- The game Birthday Party Bash for Wii, which includes not only the game but free party invitations and a Duncan Hines coupon. Some of the party games include Pin the Tail, Hot Potato, Balloon Popper, Musical Chairs, and more! Win it at the Frugal Wife Blog.
- Want another shot at the Birthday Party Bash game for Wii? Head over to Our Ordinary Life for another chance to win!
- One lucky reader will win a copy of Squeeballs Party for Nintendo Wii from 3 Kids and Us.
- One winner will receive their own Squeeballs game for the Wii on Mama's Money Savers.
- Evenflo and DoubleBugs would like for one of it’s readers to experience the Evenflo Triumph Advanced and is giving away The Triumph Advanced to one lucky reader!
- Bumbleride is giving one The Fabulous Won reader their very own Indie Twin a $659.99 Value.
- One lucky Outnumbered 3 to 1 reader will win an EA SPORTS Active.
- A $25 Sam's Club Gift Card to one lucky winner on Outnumbered 3-1.
- A Sealy mattress in the winner's choice of sizes (except Cal King) on Mommy Mandy.
- 1 winner will be able to pick between the La Vie en rose Hotsling, which is a little girly and the Cocoa which is somewhat gender neutral on Mommy Mandy.
- Win Moody Mamas maternity clothes at two blogs! Win from a selection of specific clothing items at Mommy Mandy. Over at Rave and Review, one winner will get over $200 worth of maternity clothes from Moody Mamas!
I've always considered myself a pretty decent cook. I'm not talking fancy stuff by any stretch, but good around the kitchen nonetheless. I love to cook and enjoy the expression and creativity that goes into crafting delicious food. About a year or so ago, something really strange happened: I lost my cooking skills. It's like some crazy voodoo witch cast a spell on me and "poof" no more cooking abilities. I feel like most of the stuff I make goes south--even the stuff that I've always considered myself a pro at. I've always made great pasta sauce and now...it sucks, as does my amazing meatballs and great meatloaf. It's gotten to a point in which I want to stay away from potlucks. A neighbor recently dealt with a family trauma in which all of us rallied together to provide the family meals. My go to meal of spaghetti and meatballs was terrible (edible but not anything I could be proud of). I was so embarrassed.
Will I get my cooking grove back? Have my two little boys taken some crazy toll on my brain powers? I hope that my cooking abilities return in 2010...and I'm sure my family, neighbors, and friends hope so too!
Monday, December 14, 2009
There's lots of great product reviews and giveaways on the web. Here's just a few...
- A Martha Stewart gift baskets from 1-800 baskets.com on The Mommy Files
- Scholastic Christmas books on The Mommy Files.
- A $25 gift card to Subway on The Mommy Files.
- Bright Starts has offered one J. Leigh Designz reader a Bright Starts™ Bunch-o-Fun lion or elephant.
- Blush Topless Undershirts is also giving away anundershirt in the winners size on Naptime Reviews
- An Undercover Mama shirt to hide that post-baby tummy while nursing at Naptime Reviews.
- $50 gift card for Kids Foot Locker (3 winners) at Mama's Money Savers.
- Thanks to the Disney Store, 3 lucky winners will each win 1 doll – 1 winner for Woody, 1 winner for Buzz Lightyear, and 1 winner for Princess Tiana from The Mommy Files
- A pound of amazing See's Candy. I'm a huge See's fan. My huband's grandmother was one of Mrs. See's original employees and worked at the original store for about 50 years. Oh, and she was diabetic! Oh, the irony. Win it at The Mommy Files.
- Two lucky readers will win 3 coupons for a free 8oz or 32 oz bottle of First Juice, up to a value of $4.99. The coupons expire 12/31/09 and are available at Baby Loving Mama.
- Win a $25 Macy's gift card on Our Ordinary Life.
- Win one of ten $50 Amex gift cards at Our Ordinary Life.
- One lucky My Wee View reader is going to win a Just Jen shirt of their choice (up to $35).
- One lucky reader will win an amazing, fabulous Epson Artisan 710 All-in-One Printer! This printer does it all and would be the answer to my printing dreams! Check it out on Piece of Me.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
- Super cute Flirty Apron on J. Leigh Designz
- Jeep All-Weather Reclining Stroller on Piece of ME
- 6 yummy smelling Aunt Sadie's candles from Leslie Loves Veggies
- 20 oz. Sophia Luxury Soy Candle, winner's choice of scent, by Madison Ave. on Leslie Loves Veggies
- Over $800 worth of gifts for everyone in the family--from a double stroller to a flat iron for mom to holiday books and more on A Giveaway Everyday
- A Snuggle Me'Z Infant Car Seat Snuggler at A Giveaway Everyday
- One of the coolest baby products I've seen in a while called Little Roo. It's a cover for baby bjorns, sugglies, etc. Enter to win at A Giveaway Everyday.
- Safety Tattoos. So cool for trips to places like Disneyland. Available at Leslie Loves Veggies.
- Select Comfort Maternity Pillow at The Bragging Mommy.
- Momzelle nursing top at A Giveaway Everyday.